Competitiveness or Sportsmanship? Yes Please.
The day of reckoning is almost here. I want to cover a few rules on how to conduct yourselves at TYM 2014.
- Strategy is not the same as Cutting Corners. Once the workouts are released, coming up with a sound strategy to work efficiently, especially for the team competition, is part of TYM. Coming up with ways to do less work than anyone else by finding a loophole in the explanation is not cool. If you are unsure, let me know and we will clarify for you and everyone else.
- Don’t be a hater. We encourage competitiveness but will not tolerate abusive behavior. The judges are volunteering their time to help score for you and keep the playing field level. If you are “no repped” please ask the judge why. They are there to work with you. If you argue with a judge, your day is over.
- Sportsmanship above all else. I know we provide the most badass trophies ever conceived, but it’s still just a piece of metal. Don’t sell your soul to the devil to own one. Play fair. Sportsmanship and team spirit will are commended.
- No Butterfingers. Unless otherwise specifically stated, there is no dropping of weights. This rule is due to the competition being held in an open grass field so we want to prevent divots and an unsafe atmosphere. You will be No-Repped for dropping the weight. The only exception is if your safety is at risk, then drop it to stay safe…..and then you will be No-Repped.
- 3-2-1- Go!. Know when your heat is up. We run this ho-down like a finely tuned swiss clock. Don’t be the one to muck it up.
Now for some general event info:
- We have an event Facebook fan page. Like It.
- The workouts will be posted by 12:01AM, Wednesday July 16th.
- Arrive early to the event. Parking may take a while as our competition is part of a very large event called SportsFest.
- Bring your food you paleo freaks. The vendors at this event are under contract and we were not able to bring outside vendors in to provide nuts, seeds and livestock.
- We go rain or shine. In the event of a deluge, we will pause the competition as necessary. If the heavy rain continuities, we will modify the workouts as necessary to keep everyone safe.
- That’s all I can think of for now but stay tuned as more info will be coming your way.
Thanks and I’m looking forward to another great event.
If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask:
Director of all things that go correctly. If they get mucked up, that’s someone else.